- The privacy of Rebel Gypsy’s visitors is very important to Rebel Gypsy, and we are committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains what Rebel Gypsy will do with your personal information.
This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (seqlegal.com) and modified by Three29 Media, LLC. (https://three29.com/)C. Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of rebelgypsy.com including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with rebelgypsy.com;
- information that you enter when you create a profile on rebelgypsy.com—for example, your name, profile pictures, gender, birthday, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details, and employment details;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to Rebel Gypsy emails and/or newsletters;
- information that you enter while using the services on rebelgypsy.com;
- information that is generated while using rebelgypsy.com, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through rebelgypsy.com, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
- information that you post to rebelgypsy.com with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- information contained in any communication that you send to Rebel Gypsy by email or through rebelgypsy.com, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you send to Rebel Gypsy.
Before you disclose to Rebel Gypsy the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policyD. Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to Rebel Gypsy through rebelgypsy.com will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of rebelgypsy.com. Rebel Gypsy may use your personal information for the following:
- administering rebelgypsy.com and business;
- personalizing rebelgypsy.com for you;
- enabling your use of the services available on rebelgypsy.com;
- sending you goods purchased through rebelgypsy.com;
- supplying services purchased through rebelgypsy.com;
- sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you Rebel Gypsy email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform Rebel Gypsy at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- sending you marketing communications relating to Rebel Gypsy business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which Rebel Gypsy think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform Rebel Gypsy at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- providing third parties with statistical information about Rebel Gypsy users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our rebelgypsy.com;
- keeping rebelgypsy.com secure and prevent fraud;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of rebelgypsy.com (including monitoring private messages sent through Tidio private messaging service); and
- other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on rebelgypsy.com, Rebel Gypsy will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to Rebel Gypsy.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on rebelgypsy.com and can be adjusted using privacy controls on rebelgypsy.com.
Rebel Gypsy will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.E. Disclosing personal information
Rebel Gypsy may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
Rebel Gypsy may disclose your personal information to any member of Rebel group of companies (this means Rebel Gypsy subsidiaries, Rebel Gypsy ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
Rebel Gypsy may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that Rebel Gypsy are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend Rebel Gypsy legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that Rebel Gypsy are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who Rebel Gypsy reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in Rebel Gypsy reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.F. International data transfers
- Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information that Rebel Gypsy collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
- Personal information that you publish on rebelgypsy.com or submit for publication on rebelgypsy.com may be available, via the internet, around the world. Rebel Gypsy cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- You expressly agree to the transfer of personal information described in this Section F.
- This Section G sets out Rebel Gypsy data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to help ensure that Rebel Gypsy comply with the legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that Rebel Gypsy process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section G, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that Rebel Gypsy are required to do so by law;
- if Rebel Gypsy believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- Rebel Gypsy will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- Rebel Gypsy will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All electronic financial transactions entered into through rebelgypsy.com will be protected by encryption technology.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and Rebel Gypsy cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing rebelgypsy.com confidential; Rebel Gypsy will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to rebelgypsy.com).
Rebel Gypsy may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on rebelgypsy.com. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. Rebel Gypsy may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on rebelgypsy.com.J. Your rights
Rebel Gypsy may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct Rebel Gypsy at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or Rebel Gypsy will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.K. Third party websites
Rebelgypsy.com includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. Rebel Gypsy has no control over, and are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third parties.L. Updating information
Please let Rebel Gypsy know if the personal information that Rebel Gypsy holds about you needs to be corrected or updated.M. Cookies
- The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- Rebel Gypsy uses Google Analytics and Adwords on our website to recognize a computer when a user visits and navigates the website, uses a shopping cart on the website, to improve the website’s usability, to analyze the use of the website, to personalize the website for each user, and to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to specific users
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on rebelgypsy.com.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
N. Text marketing (if applicable):
With your permission, we may send text messages about our store, new products, and other updates. Updates include Checkout Reminders. Webhooks will be used to trigger the Checkout Reminders messaging system.